Sunday, March 01, 2009

Satellite Radio In Puerto Rico

As many of you may have surmised, I have been away for a while. I still have a day job. The vast majority of my time has been spent in China over the past year or so. Anyway, this may be a bit of old news. When the merger between XM and Sirius was approved last year, one of the conditions was to bring satellite radio to Puerto Rico. In keeping with this condition, on October 27, 2008, Sirius XM filed an application to operate low powered repeaters (less than 2 KW) in Puerto Rico. These repeaters would be used to bring satellite radio to Puerto Rico, complete with repeaters to fill in the gaps. The FCC is yet to act on this application.

Twenty repeaters are currently planned as follows:

Westernbank World Plaza, 268 Munoz Rivera Avenue, San Juan, PR

Edificio Union Plaza, Avenue Ponce De Leon #416, San Juan, PR

Las Caramelitas, Avenue Ponce De Leon, San Juan, PR

Santa Anna Apartments, Villa Caparra, Avenue Luis Vgoreaux, Guaynabo, PR

PR Telephone Company, 1513 Avenue F.D. Roosevelt, Guaynabo, PR

Plaza Del Prado, CARR 833 Calle Los Filtros, Guaynabo, PR

Monserate Towers, Monserate Avenue I, Carolina, PR

Sona Industrial, Marginal Baldorioty De Castro B-24, Carolina PR

San Anton Apartments, Calle Roman Figueroa Castro, Carolina, PR

Riverside Plaza, 74 Calle Santa Cruz, Bayamon, PR

Torres del Parque, Avenue Federico Motilla 1700, Bayamon, PR

Caribe Hilton, 1 San Geronimo St., San Juan, PR

Pazada, # 2 Avenue De La Constitucion, San Juan, PR

Ashford Imperial, 1302 Ashford Avenue, Condado, San Juan, PR

Coral Beach I, 5859 Avenue Isla Verde, Carolina, PR

Condo Mundo Feliz, Calle Rodriguez Emma #1, Carolina, PR

Cooperativa De Viviendas, Torres De Carolina, Carolina, PR

PR Telephone Company, Power St, Ponce, PR

Condo El Mirador, Avenue University, Ponce, PR

Caguas Tower, Bonneville Terrace, Calle 2, Caguas, PR

xm sirius satellite radio stocks patent patents trademark copyright experimental licenses wcs eas invest investing fcc

Jump to :: Satellite Radio Techworld Home Page ::

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, so does anyone have news on when the FCC will act on this issue, so we can finally enjoy quality radio?

vc satellite said...

In November 15 2009

Bert said...

Hoorah! It's official, the FCC has granted authority to operate repeaters in Puerto Rico.

willson said...

The popular comment layout is common, so it is easily recognized scanning to post a comment. If the comment section is in a different format, then I am going to spend more time trying to decipher what everything means.
study abroad

uncle2000mike said...

Does anyone know if xm will work in puerto rico or will this apply only to sirius?

Puerto Rico hotels said...

I'm a little confused by satellite radio technology. Is it the better one?

Anonymous said...

I have a 2013 Hyundai Accent with a factory installed XM radio. I called XM, gave them the radio ID and activated a 2 month trial but couldn't receive the signal! I called again and they told me that XM is not available in Puerto Rico! Why didn't they tell me that when they activated my trial, they knew I was in P.R., I was even told to check with my dealer!!!

Jual Sprei Online Di Medan said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with extra information? It is extremely helpful for me.